Friday 23 October 2015

Young Artist & Creative Entrepreneurs Spotlight on Pen Regal




Pen Regal is an upcoming rap artist and winner of the Abuja Next Rapper Competition Season 1, he is a creative rapper with big dreams, an undergraduate of the Abuja University and runs his own business.

I cut up with Pen and requested to interview him on my new entrepreneurs series and he happily granted me the privilege to interview him.

Enjoy my interview with Pen Regal after the cut.

How has it been?


Awesome, av been up and doing

Tell us a little about your background?


My given name is Sunday Eze, am from Ebonyi State Nigeria, born and brought up in ABJ, from a Family of 6; 4th child, a student of the University of Abuja-Nigeria, a human being; one head, two legs, and three spirits.

How long have you been rapping?


Since early teens, but I came to standard about 2 years ago

You won the Abuja Next Rapper Competition, what is the experience like?


Out of this world mehn! It’s a privilege I still enjoy till date, it brought me out to the people, I was appreciated. For real it launched me into this music ish. I Thank God, just Grace.

What inspired you to go into rapping?


Rap. Nothing else but rap itself, when I listen to other rappers I get the conviction that I can do this, instinctively am just so familiar with the art form, plus the kind of childhood I had got me acquainted. Some times I even joke with my peers that if they had been no rap before I came I would have pioneered it, Joke tho.

Your song Angry Verse made it to our list of 23 Nigerian Songs with magical buzz, how do you feel about that?


Wow! Exhilarated, encouraged & incentified to do more.. matter of fact saying how grateful I am will make me ungrateful.. am just wowed.

Who is your favorite artist of all time?


Nas

Do you have any upcoming event or concerts?


Lot of them right now. The year is coming to an end, its like a season.. The most imperative is Swagz Night coming up tonight… its gon be massive lotta rappers will be coming in. attendance is strictly by invitation so since u guys are part of the endorsers I sure will see you around.

What are you working on?


Av been working on my 6packs, my hand writing and em….lol,

Aiit, I want every one to know that am on a plan, out here grinding, working on my Mixtape, will be dropping a single soon just to keep the fans alive …plus surviving in this music is not a weak thing so am on a self improvement kind of process.

What else do you do apart from singing?


Am a writer, I write for sites and blogs on topics like reality, dreams, ego etc.. my most recent is on alien abduction.

Am into cyber business.

Am taking classes for public speaking.

Am a student of the University of Abuja.


What is your greatest assets?


My mind


Do you have any encouraging words for Young Artist & Creative Entrepreneurs?


We all have dreams and like to chase them, but in doing this we aught to be students of life; not criticizing anything we do.. I know some times we are down because we feel we are not getting it right but if we always get it right we will never improve. We must also learn to think for our self as that is the only guarantee for uniqueness we’v got, plus always get God involved #peace.

Anything for your fans and Nigerians?


First I want to thank God for this opportunity, the whole 234 Jam Blog team for contacting me, it’s a motivation to me.. I feel blessed being here, to my lil fans, I love y’all.. gat plans to multiply u guys.

And to Nigerians: together we can make Nigeria a great country. Let's love each other and give peace a chance.


Connect with Pen Regal

Pen Regal has been an inspiring friend, he got his stage name (Pen Regal) through a cognitive self examination and introspection. In a non-literal sense pen represents; creativity, being learned etc. While Regal is a synonym for his surname, Eze (King).

Follow Pen on Twitter @penregal and Facebook: Pen Regal.

Watch  Pen Angry Verse Video

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a helpful comment. Thank You!