Tuesday 3 November 2015

Bella Ike on Young Artist & Creative Entrepreneurs Spotlight


Bella Ike, arguably, the hottest young writer in Nigeria today. The ten years plus writer whose works has won several awards poured out her heart on 234Jam's Young Artist & Creative Entrepreneurs Spotlight...

Bella Ike hasn't given any interviews for a while, but all of that changed this week. Not only has Bella Ike blessed us with a flawless cover shoot for 234 Jam, this last Monday was a memorable opportunity for a personal conversation with the creative scriptwriter, filmmaker, movie editor and businesswoman.

We talked about her inspirations and next movie.


How has it been?

Its been great so far...Thank God

A little about your background.

I'm the 5th in a family of 5. Grew up in a full house of about 30 men (laughs...) It was more like a military upbringing because my dad was in d military sometime...

What part of the country are you from?

The eastern part. Imo state precisely.

What inspired you to go into video editing?

It was said once by an author, can't remember which, that if you want to read a book and its not yet been written, you've got to write it. I want to be able to make my own films that have not yet been made, so video editing is just a part of that process.

What else do you do apart from writing and editing video?

Just graduated from High definition film academy.. Where I studied Filmmaking. Working on my own movie as a filmmaker. Besides that, I'm a businesswoman... into carport installation... I work with Luchies Nig Ltd.

So you are a scriptwriter, filmmaker, movie editor and a businesswoman?

By Gods grace yes.

They are all demanding careers, how do you manage between them? 

Well I won't say its an easy one as nothing Good comes easy but I try to live one day at a time... Take one step at a time... Mostly my writing is at night the rest during the day... By Gods grace, I try not to make a fool of myself (laughs).

Read: Requirement for Success

How long have you been writing?
Since I was in SS 1, 10 years now.

Tell us about some of the scripts you have written.

A lot. I wrote Dark Closets for Uzee concepts, it won Best Film. Guys must be crazy, Genesis (presently in production stage) Choices (Student short film, won best Editing by my humble self) US, Chronicles of Kashin Wuya (Sitcoms) and many more that are yet to be produced.





Tell us about your own movie.

Choices my first ever. it's a student short film about a Lady whose torn between facing the world of dads and mums and living with her homosexual parents. I wrote the script.



You won best editing, tell us about it and the feeling.

(laughs) it was a student film... But it was a great start. I used to feel editing was for guys, then I was like... Bella, you won a guys award... But it felt good. I thank God for it.

Any encouraging words for Young Artist & Creative Entrepreneurs?

Yes, There is no limit to what you can achieve in life, as long as you have God. Patience really is a virtue and hard-work pays.

Anything for your fans and Nigerians?

Jesus loves you, Just spread the word.

Wow! Its been awesome having you on 234 Jam Blog. We wish you more success in what you do.

Thank you, you too

Bella Ike also has an acting career






You can find her on Bella's Blog  Facebook: Bella Ike, Instagram and Twitter @Christabellaike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a helpful comment. Thank You!