Saturday 24 October 2015

We Are Hiring!!! Part-time News Writer Wanted.


Give us high standard news and get a dream job


Imagine a group of hundreds of thousands internet users, all waiting for you to post the latest news from Nigeria.

Imagine working for a boss who’s a master of creative motivation, not only appreciating the fine art of what you do, but pushing you to become one of the best in the world.

For real.


Right now, our blog visitors are doubling or even tripling every week.

And in the future?

It may sound crazy to say this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re A 100 Million Naira Company in five years. That is how fast we're growing.

Work with a Boss Who Appreciates Good News


You see, I like good news.

So, I’m looking for a writer who can step in and share good news. By no means do you have to be a master writer, but you at least need to be articulative and relatable. More specifically…

You’re Right for This Job If…

You can manage yourself (mostly). News change with time, you should be able to manage your time between your full-time job or school and the time you would be assigned to post daily. The blog is growing so fast, I’m only considering candidates who I think could one day step into bigger role. To do that, you’ll need to master skills beyond writing, including business model design, strategic thinking, and dozens of others. I don’t expect you to know those things coming in, but I do expect you to be interested in learning them. I’ll talk with you once a week about the blog. Otherwise, you won’t hear from me very often, and I’ll expect you to stay productive without me buzzing you. You’re a fast writer. Last but not least, you need to be able to crank out at least 500 words per day of summarized news.

What type of work will you be doing, exactly?


Writing news. All kinds of news.

Mostly, you’ll be writing news that are of interest to Nigerians.

In other words, you’ll be writing news. Like I said earlier, I’d say it will be at least 500 words a day of news that are of interest to Nigerians.

Can you do that?

I can, here’s how to apply:


Here’s what to expect during the application process:

I’m notifying many writers of this position, and I expect I’ll receive plenty of applications.

Out of those applications, I’ll choose 3-5 writers for a small “test project.” I’ll give you some training, and then I’ll have you write some news for me. Nothing too complicated or time-consuming. Just enough to see what you can do.

We’ll probably go through a few rounds like this, and I’ll eliminate one or two candidates each time. Eventually, only one or two will be left.

In the end, one candidate will get a phone call from me, congratulating him/her on getting the job. We’ll negotiate a salary of between N108,000 and N144,000 per year to start. You can work from home or anywhere else. If you do well, you can also expect the occasional raise or bonus.

Within a year or two, I’ll also hire a full-time Executive News Editor. I won’t promise you the job, but I’ll expect you to apply, and if you get it, you’ll receive a nice salary bump.

And if you don’t make it?


I might also put one or two of you on a waiting list for future positions or refer you to friends who are looking for news writers. I get asked for referrals by top bloggers at least once a month.

So, all is not lost if you don’t get the job. I’m hoping you do, though.

To get started, click here to fill out the application form. (Application Closed) More than likely, it’ll take me 1-2 weeks to review them all and make decisions.

If you make it to the next round, I’ll invite you to a telephone interview with me. If you don’t make it, I’ll politely inform you by email.

Best wishes,

Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a helpful comment. Thank You!